[MlMt] double sent mail outlook.com

Angelo Machils angelo at machils.org
Mon Feb 5 01:48:08 EST 2018

Hello,

No, it's on the server that I see the second copy of the sent email. A
little later it also shows up in MailMate.

I can't find any setting in outlook.com to that effect, and even if there
were such a setting, it would be not of a lot of use. Because when I have
to use the webmail, the sent mail would not be saved. Isn't there a
settings in MailMate where I can turn off saving sent mails per account?

Regards,

Angelo Machils

wrote:

> On 4 Feb 2018, at 9:43, Angelo Machils wrote:
>
> When I sent an email through my Hotmail account, it turns out that on the
>> server for every sent mail, there is a second copy. MailMate doesn’t show
>> this second copy in the Sent folder, but I just found out that on the
>> web-app for outlook.com, every sent mail has a second copy.
>>
>> Can I change this behaviour somewhere?
>>

> If it's because the server saves a copy in the mailbox for sent messages
> then there might be a server setting to prevent this.
>
> Since you cannot see both copies in webmail then I also suspect that there
> is a synchronization issue. Check that the mailbox for sent messages is
> online when you look at it under SOURCES in the mailbox list. (It's not
> online if it's greyed out.)
>
> --
> Benny
> https://freron.com/become_a_mailmate_patron/