[MlMt] Moving to a new computer

Annamarie annamarie.pluhar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 14:32:25 EST 2018

Well that computer went back to the seller as it wasn't charging so I
get to do it over again and right when I get whatever new computer I
decide on. @Bill I don't see an "export" command?

@Benny so when I am installing MM on the new computer  - do I create a
Mailmate folder in application support and put the `plist` files in that
folder? Before installing MM? or is there a window between install and
launch?

Thanks (and I hope my query helps others.)
Annamarie

Annamarie Pluhar
802-451-1941
802-579-5975 (iPhone - not good when I'm at my desk.)

On 2 Dec 2018, at 14:25, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 2 Dec 2018, at 6:13, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 29 Nov 2018, at 16:03, Annamarie wrote:
>>
>>> Finally forced by Mojave to buy a new computer - I love my 2011
>>> MacBook Air. !
>>>
>>> Anyways I want to make sure I do this right. MM is set up with all
>>> my accounts but I want my signatures and smart folders.  I think
>>> that if I copy the entire MM folder from the ~/library/Application
>>> Support  I’ll end up duplicating emails?
>>
>> No, but I still think the following is better:
>>
>>> Can I simply copy the various .plists? I see
>>> Blacklist.plist
>>> Identities.plist
>>> Mailboxes.plist
>>> Signatures.plist