[MlMt] delete one email clears entire mailbox

Fri Aug 31 04:31:16 EDT 2018

On 30 Aug 2018, at 18:36, Tracy Valleau wrote:

> The last couple of betas 5511-16 (I think)  have twice done this:
>
> As I was going thru my inbox, deleting emails one by one, suddenly the
> entire contest of the  inbox, more than a dozen emails in each case,
> disappeared.

That doesn't sound good!

> The first time I thought it was a fluke and ignored it. Today I
> investigated.

> First I looked thru Mailmate. No where to be found.
>
> Then I went to webmail (my mail is provided by Dreamhost) and found
> them in the inbox, each one greyed out... apparently marked as read.

> I unmarked two that I wanted to keep (the rest I didn't care about)
> and marked them as "unread". They immediately appeared in MM's inbox.

Is this the standard Inbox of MailMate. No conditions or anything else
which might have an effect on this issue.

> NONE of the greyed-out ones appeared in MM anywhere.
>
> Then a few seconds (15 or so) later, they -did- appear again in the
> inbox, marked as read.
>
> The sudden disappearance of the contents of the ibox is more than a
> little disconcerting of course.  I would have let it go as a
> one-time-thing... until it happened again this morning.

This disappearence/appearence pattern makes me think that either
MailMate is not part of the problem *or* there are some date-related
conditions in MailMate in play.

But googling I found this somewhat surprising Dreamhost feature:
https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/214981508-Inbox-Archiver-settings

Could you check your Dreamhost settings? (Compare them with the number
of emails in your Inbox.)