[MlMt] Tag completion upper/lower case confusion

Thu Aug 30 06:42:49 EDT 2018

On 30 Aug 2018, at 3:39, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

> For what it is worth, this is the same issue that I reported on the
> 23rd of January of this year, and it still is just as prevalent today.
>
> Once MailMate gets stuck with the case sensitivity and
> auto-complete/matching, the only way to "clear" the state is to quit
> and restart.

You can probably also open a new mailbox window using ⌥⌘N.

> I can reproduce this 100% of the time.

Could you also try with r5516, because I don't seem to be able to get it
into this state (using your example).

> My preference would be that at least optionally, once a tag is
> defined, case sensitivity for matching should be ignored and MailMate
> should only suggest tags in their stored/saved values, unless an
> entirely NEW value is being entered.  That is, once it's clear that no
> matches match, it should allow the capitalisation to be as the user
> types it in.

If I understand correctly, this is how it's supposed to work. It's just
a bit tricky to keep track of what the user entered (if completions were
possible when fewer letters had been entered).