[MlMt] Is there an easy way to exclude all subfolders when they are many, approx 150 or more?

Fri Apr 20 09:12:31 EDT 2018

On 19 Apr 2018, at 16:14, Mats Lindroos wrote:

> If 150 folders is many or not I am not the one to comment.

It just seemed like a lot of work to create that many smart mailboxes.

> When I used POP I hade rules that moved the e-mails to a folder.
> In that case, the e-mail was not seen in any other folder.
> That´s the same ”function” I now want to achieve.
>
> You mention Submailboxes feature.
> I tried to attach a pdf (215k) to show how my structure looks like,
> but the mail-list didn´t accept a picture that size.

The limit is pretty low because each email goes out to ~400 people.

> Otherwise maybe it would have been easier to understand if I can use
> Submailboxes or not.

That depends on how your smart mailboxes are defined. If they are all
based on a single header (e.g., sender or subject) then it could work,
but you are probably likely to have something more advanced than that.

But as I noted, the main problem is a feature which doesn't (yet) exist
in MailMate. I promise to at least look into how hard it would be to
implement.