[MlMt] Is there an easy way to exclude all subfolders when they are many, approx 150 or more?

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Thu Apr 19 20:32:33 EDT 2018

On 19 Apr 2018, at 14:28, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> But I also need to see ONLY all the e-mails that is NOT yet filtered
> in any of the 150 Smart folders.
>>
>> I know that I can choose to filter ”None of a certain subfolder”.
>

> I think you need a missing feature here. Interestingly, mailboxes
> support a display count open named “Include Submailboxes”. What
> you need is an option for a smart mailbox to simply show the emails of
> the submailboxes. You could then use this mailbox in your “None
> of” filter.

I would love to have a feature when a smart mailbox would automatically
include all the mailboxes that are defined within it. Sort of reverse of
the current submailboxes feature.

I have a few such mailboxes and I keep forgetting to add new
submailboxes in the list of the parent one. For example, I have a smart
mailbox that contains a series of smart mailboxes with various mailing
lists. It would be great if I could just add a new submailbox for a new
mailing list and the parent mailbox would automatically include it. Such
feature would be fantastic when I move submailboxes between different
parents, which requires me to remove it from one list and add it to
another list. Way too easy to forget or make a mistake.

Robert