[MlMt] Archive oddities

Ian Petersen iep at circa.dk
Sun Apr 15 09:49:02 EDT 2018

My IMAP account (on Runbox) has, as usual, an *Archive* folder. I also
have had an *Archives* (with an S) folder containing yearly archive
folders thus:

```
├── Archive
└── Archives
     ├── 2016
     ├── 2017
     └── 2015
```

So the current year’s mail gets archived in the *Archive* folder and
then gets moved (manually) to the *Archives/<Year>* when a new year
comes around. I have used this system for years with other clients
without problems. I think it dates back to when I used Thunderbird some
years ago.

Anyway, since using Mailmate I notice my current year’s (2018)
archives are not going into the *Archive* folder as they should but
getting put into seemingly random folders under *Archives*. I’ve found
recent 2018 messages in 2017, 2016, 2012 etc. as well as the in the root
*Archives* folder … Hmm!

This caused me some consternation, so I have tidied things up using the
Runbox web interface - I have renamed *Archives* to *Years* and moved
all the wrongly archived messages to their rightful yearly folders. All
is well so I thought.

However, when now I archive a message in Mailmate it *recreates* the
*Archives/2012* folder and puts the message in there!

So how do I convince MM that *Archives* doesn’t exist any more, and is
now called *Years* , and that it should just put archived messages in
*Archive*?

What to do?

Cheers
Ian