[MlMt] Preferences for bundle

Mon Sep 25 13:04:45 EDT 2017

On 25 Sep 2017, at 11:43, Robert Goldman wrote:

> I was looking over an online tutorial for MailMate plugins, and one
> thing I was wondering was: is there a way to provide the ability to
> set preferences for a plugin bundle?
>
> The reason I ask is that the emacs plugin has the path to emacs hard
> coded, in a way that won't work if you (like me) use Aquamacs for
> emacs on the Mac.  If it's not too hard, I'd add an interactive
> preference for this, but if it is, could just rummage around in the
> plist.

That sort of thing is usually done via environment variables. See
TM_PYTHON or TM_MARKDOWN for an example.

Once the bundle has proper support for something like TM_EMACS, users
can set that globally in TextMate’s preferences under Variables, or
per-project in `.tm_properties`.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/