[MlMt] Sort by unread / Selection Bar Always at Bottom

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Fri Sep 8 06:37:38 EDT 2017

On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:08, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> If a message is selected then it's because a message was selected the last time you were in this mailbox and MailMate always tries to reselect the most recently selected message in a mailbox.

Hi, that's what I expected.

> If you deselect all messages (holding down ⌘) before leaving the mailbox then you should see different behavior (I think).

Ok, I can't remember to do that but maybe that is the cause. In such a case the message list is positioned to the bottom not the top. Which I would prefer.

> This is a bit of a special case. I guess you would want a different strategy for this mailbox like not remembering a selected message or, alternatively, always selecting the top-most message...

I was wondering why MM forgot my selection. Does it keep it if I change the sorting order? I would prefer to always select the last message and position the message list view so that I can see it.

Conclusion: I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if MM is behaving/doing something that changes the last view.

--

Robert M. Münch, CEO
M: +41 79 65 11 49 6

Saphirion AG