[MlMt] Sort by unread / Selection Bar Always at Bottom

Fri Sep 8 05:08:29 EDT 2017

On 6 Sep 2017, at 10:14, Robert M. Münch wrote:

> Hi, I have some smart boxes, which I sort in a way that I have all
> unread messages on the top and those are sorted by "date received". So
> far so good.
>
> The problem is, whenever I click on such a mailbox MM selects not the
> top message but the bottom one. Which means I have to scroll-up to see
> the relevant messages.
>
> What can I do, so MM always selects the top-message?

If a message is selected then it's because a message was selected the
last time you were in this mailbox and MailMate always tries to reselect
the most recently selected message in a mailbox. If you deselect all
messages (holding down ⌘) before leaving the mailbox then you should
see different behavior (I think).

This is a bit of a special case. I guess you would want a different
strategy for this mailbox like not remembering a selected message or,
alternatively, always selecting the top-most message...

Do I understand correctly?