[MlMt] delete message in Inbox, jumps to previous

Edward Thome ethome at murraystate.edu
Tue Oct 31 08:13:28 EDT 2017

On 31 Oct 2017, at 6:53, Alain Israel wrote:

> As of today, for no obvious reason, when I delete a message in the
> Inbox window, the cursor moves to the previous (upstream; messages are
> sorted by date) message. Before it used to move to the next
> (downstream) message, and this is what still happens in the other
> mailboxes (although I did not check them all). Any reason why this has
> changed? More importantly, how to get back to the previous, more
> logical, behavior?

I don’t know if this is your situation or not but here is what
sometimes happens with me.  I usually order my messages by “Date
Received” and then it woks as expected.  If I happen to accidentally
click on another column and organize by something else, then I get the
unusual behavior you describe.  So I click on the “Date Received”
column and all is well again.

All the best,
Ed