[MlMt] Conditional Rules (Options) Disappear

Richard Rettke pc8xtebtkw at snkmail.com
Sat Oct 28 17:23:24 EDT 2017

On 28 Oct 2017, at 15:27, Chuck 95omega-at-gmail.com wrote:

> Does anyone have experience using conditional rules where they don't
> stick.  For example, if I set a rule that says the following:
>
> -Any of the following are true:
>
>      -From: [User1 at example.com](<mailto:User1 at example.com>)
>
>      -From: [User2 at example.com](<mailto:User2 at example.com>)
>
>          -All of the following conditions are true
>
>               -Date Received within last 7 days
>
> In this rule if an email is received
> from [user2 at example.com](<mailto:user2 at example.com>) come in the
> last 7 days I want to take an action.  The problem is that Mailmate
> never applies sub-rules in the rules editor no matter what rule I'm
> using.  After applying rules are no longer nested.
>
> Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?  Shame on me for not testing
> this earlier.
Hi Chuck,

I have lots of nested rules that work fine. When I enter yours as
described the
    All of the following conditions are true
    Date Received within last 7 days
Is not indented when entered (using the elipses)

I think the rules need to written like this

**Any** of the following are true
    **From** **is** user1 at example.com
    **All** of the following are true
        **Date Received** **Is
within last** 7 **Days**
        **From** **is**
user2 at example.com

in other words I believe the ALL or ANY condition must precede what you
want it to apply to.
That's the way I always write mine and have no issues.

_(Disclaimer: I may be wrong)_

--
__*Richard Rettke*__
*Laus Deo*