[MlMt] Advice for new user

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Mon Oct 23 11:42:57 EDT 2017

I had been using MailMate for well over a year before I realized that
smart folders were the key to many of the advantages MailMate offers.
They are enormously powerful. I even have smart folders that do nothing
but point to IMAP folders, so that I almost never have to go into the
**Sources** mailboxes at all.

So why do I still have IMAP folders other than the standard folders? Why
not keep all my messages in **INBOX, Archive,** and **Sent?** Because
sometimes I need to find messages quickly on my phone or on a Web-based
client when I'm away from my own computer. In those situations, it's
very helpful to have messages to this list separated into a "MailMate"
folder so they don't clutter other important views. It's also very
helpful to have job-related messages in a "Career" folder, to have
tickets for upcoming performances in a "Tickets" folder, and to keep
track of expected physical deliveries and respondent actions in a
"Waiting" folder. This lets me quickly access (or avoid) particular
categories when I'm unable to use MailMate.