[MlMt] A couple of newbie issues

Ian Petersen iep at circa.dk
Wed Oct 18 14:10:22 EDT 2017

Benny,

> I thought I once added a hidden preference for this, but I don't seem
> to be able to locate it. In other words, it's not (currently)
> optional. You can of course request it if you like :)

Consider it requested! ;-)

> Personally, I prefer “in-between” replies like this, but one of
> the most frequent requests is how to default to top-posting with
> everything quoted. That's just the world of today (as you also
> described yourself).

Yes, I prefer in-between quotes too, but I still need to be able to
*not* quote on a daily basis. Ideally this would be configurable on a
smart-folder basis.

> (The main reason that I would not prefer a blank email when nothing is
> selected is that selecting text involves using the mouse/trackpad. I
> prefer being able to reply using a keyboard shortcut and then cut text
> manually.)

As I noted in another post I’ve been having a bit of bother deleting
everything in a reply. Some bits seem to get left behind …

> This could be changed to:
>
> 	On %e %b %Y, at %k:%M, ${from.name.first:${from.address}} wrote:

That’s great. I thought it would be something like that. And I’m
well aware it’s not going to work 100% of the time, but it’s close
enough for me. Thanks.

Cheers
Ian