[MlMt] RSVP/respond to ical/.ics calendar invite?

Giovanni Lanzani giovanni at lanzani.nl
Tue Oct 17 17:18:21 EDT 2017

On 17 Oct 2017, at 22:34, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 14 Oct 2017, at 1:26, Jonas Kemper wrote:
>
>> Has anybody dealt with this before? My ideal scenario would be
>> control elements to respond with "yes/no/maybe" in Mailmate whenever
>> a meeting invite comes in.
>
> It seems you got a couple of somewhat promising replies. I cannot
> offer to look into the RFCs and what exactly needs to be done to make
> this work, but if someone does this part of the work then I promise to
> help making it into a bundle including adding any features needed to
> do that.

Benny, I'm willing to give it a try. A couple of questions before
beginning:

- How does the bundle call the script? What kind of information would be
available and how are they passed? In particular I would need:
   - the email account this was sent to/the account that received it;
   - the attachment (i.e. the invite);
   - the status
   - optionally a remark.
- And how does mailmate parse the reply? For example the invite needs to
be encoded in base64.
- Is there a preference for programming languages? I'm mostly familiar
with Python.

You can all have a look
[here](https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4823574/sending-meeting-invitations-with-python)
for a minimal Python implementation.

Replying is much easier though: you just need to change the content of
one line of the invite (assuming no notes are added).

Cheers,

Giovanni