[MlMt] Interaction with SpamSieve problem

Fri Oct 6 04:40:12 EDT 2017

On 5 Oct 2017, at 16:52, Robert Goldman wrote:

> I get a number of emails that have a lot of images in them, but that
> are legitimate.  E.g., the US Postal Service sends me an email every
> day showing me images of the mail that will arrive in the day's
> delivery.
>
> I mark these as "Not Junk," but even so, every day the message comes
> in with the "Mark As Not Junk," "Load Once," "Move to Junk" toolbar.
> Should I expect to need to hand-tag these every day, or is this a
> problem with my SpamSieve configuration?

No, it's a MailMate setting. When SpamSieve reports something as being
spam then MailMate moves it to Junk. If not, then MailMate leaves it in
the Inbox, but this does not affect image blocking (by default). Image
blocking is not only relevant for junk email (in my opinion).

What you need to do is to review the settings in the Security
preferences pane. You can tell MailMate to mark emails explicitly as
“Not Junk” if they have a score under some value (the SpamSieve
score for non-junk is 0-50). This can then be combined with disabling
image blocking for “Not Junk” emails.

But in your case I think it might be better to setup a rule to
explicitly mark these specific emails as “Not Junk”.