[MlMt] [Solved] MailMate and High Sierra Freeze [was: Re: Slow since HIgh Sierra upgrade?]

Tobias Kirchhofer tobias at kirchhofer.net
Fri Nov 24 09:10:08 EST 2017

For the records - we solved the freezing phenomenon by step by step narrowing down potential sources. The cause was gpg2 which interacts with key server, among other tasks.

I had configured a dedicated key server in ~/gnupg/ and for unknown reason (at least for me unknown) gpg2 hung often while interacting with the key server. Forced MailMate to kneel down and dragged the OS into the abyss. Removing the dedicated key server completely resolved the problem.

Wow, this was hard work. Happy again with MailMate! :)

--
Tobias Kirchhofer
tobias at kirchhofer.net