[MlMt] Decrypting / Context (Right-click) Menu Services Options

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Fri Nov 10 05:50:13 EST 2017

On 11 May 2017, at 18:22, Chris Hoofnagle wrote:

> All, I was able to get a screenshot that illustrates my problem—at least some senders of encrypted mail are not decrypted automatically in Mailmate.

Hi, I have the same problem for some senders. Why is this the case? Any idea? If I use the GPG command line tools, everything works.

> The sender uses GnuPG v2. The message shows up still encrypted, which is fine.

Why is this fine? IMO if the message can be encrypted by the command line tools, MM should be able to do it too.

> But if I right click, the only context menu service that appears is “New MacVim Buffer,” despite that I have “OpenGPG: Decrypt Selection” selected in the Services menu. When I open MacVim, the context menu does offer OpenGPG decryption as a service.

Same here, even I see some different service menus. I don't have a clue how it is decided which service menu items, as configured in the system preferences, show up in an application or not.

> Any ideas?

No sorry, but maybe someone else?

--

Robert M. Münch, CEO