[MlMt] Non-ascii in headers

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Mon Nov 13 17:38:06 EST 2017

Hi,

It seems that if I use non-ascii in headers (like names in the To, Cc etc), and I use Google SMTP server as outgoing SMTP server, some handshake is happening which makes MailMate not encode the headers at all.

One example is when the message include:

Cc: "Patrik Fältström" <paf at netnod.se>

This is sent exactly like that, without any encoding, which in turn makes Google "do the wrong thing", specifically not downgrade the header to quoted printable or base64 or something. Possibly because charset is not known.

This in turn makes email bounces back as such email headers are not correct.

Question: is there some easy way to get the actual log from SMTP so I can see what MailMate and Google is talking about?

   Patrik