[MlMt] How do I ...

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:17:55 EST 2017

On 8 Nov 2017, at 8:54, Annamarie wrote:

> I need a warning when I'm sending an email from my gmail account.

See "Custom message verifications" in the hidden preferences:
https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences.

To find out how to construct the conditions without learning all of
plist syntax, build a test smart mailbox with the criteria you want (in
your case, probably "from.address [is] [your gmail address]"). Then quit
MailMate (always quit before touching a plist file!) and look at
~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist to see how that
test mailbox is defined; you can just copy the conditions from there
into the ~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Resources/messageVerifications.plist file you're
writing.

MailMate's ability to do this was tied for #1 in the reasons I bought
it!

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com