[MlMt] Debugging custom keystrokes (another newbie question)

David Ledger MailMate at ivdcs.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 08:54:16 EST 2017

On 6 Nov 2017, at 10:23, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 4 Nov 2017, at 19:59, Robert Goldman wrote:
>
>> Follow-up questions:
>
> I *think* most of your questions are answered
> [here](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/custom_key_bindings.html#key-bindings-in-mailmate).
>
>> 2. Would it be possible to add a log entry if MailMate does not find
>> a file?
>
> I've added this.
>
>> 3. Are there any characters forbidden in filenames?
>
> No.
>

> --
> Benny

‘/‘ is to be avoided in filenames in Unix systems generally. Having
worked with Unix since (just) before the Mac I’ve never tried using it
with OSX. It may (or may not) work, but it’s a low-level fiddle-around
if it does and could break. Similarly I avoid ‘:’ as that used to be
the pathname separator pre-OSX, even though it wasn’t as visible to
users. There used to be a compatibility fiddle-around for that, but
Apple may have dropped that by now.

David