[MlMt] one app, 2 computers

Fri Nov 3 05:46:51 EDT 2017

On 3 Nov 2017, at 10:39, Alain Israel wrote:

> I am using Mailmate on 2 computers, and there are 3 things I try to
> sync between the 2 computers :
>
> - flags : it works but only for the default color (red for me), the
> other colors turn to red. Better than nothing, but could be improved.

This is the same problem as for tags. Exchange only supports `\Flagged`
and does not synchronize the `$MailFlagBitX` keywords needed for the
colors (which is an Apple Mail feature MailMate also supports).

> - tags : my understanding is that because my server is of the Exchange
> type, it will never work, except for the standard imap keywords
> (Seen/answered/flagged…)

Correct.

> - smart mailboxes : apparently the smart mailboxes in the Mail app can
> sync using icloud, but since I am using neither Mail nor icloud, is
> there a way to transfer these mailboxes (using a dropbox-like
> procedure, or just by transferring a file or folder by hand, which
> would help me to some extent). BTW, where is the relevant information
> stored on the computer (if it is,and if accessible)?

When MailMate is not running then it's possible to copy the following
file:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist

It's not possible/safe to “synchronize” it using, e.g., a Dropbox
file.