[MlMt] Alternative to Macvim bundle, to use with Vimr

Giovanni Lanzani giovanni at lanzani.nl
Thu Nov 2 15:30:52 EDT 2017

On 2 Nov 2017, at 16:16, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 31 Oct 2017, at 21:03, Giovanni Lanzani wrote:
>> Vimr has built in Markdown preview, so it's much easier to use (the
>> previous bundle relies on
>> Marked to be present).
>>
>> The only "quirk" is that it requires the `vimr` executable to be in
>> `~/.local/bin`.
>
> Is this some kind of default install location when installing vimr?
>
> Otherwise, it would be better if it worked without the user having to
> do anything (other than install vimr).

Here’s the thing: in vimr you need to tell vimr where to save that
executable. I’ve put it in `~/.local/bin` as is already is in my
`$PATH`. But I don’t think we can assume everybody does that.

They *should* however put it in their `$PATH`. How does Mailmate decide
what `$PATH` is? Does it look a the `.bashrc`/`profile` of the user?

>> Benny, can you let me know if there is more work to do on my side to
>> include this bundle in
>> Mailmate?
>
> If you send me the bundle then I can make it part of the default set
> available for installing in MailMate.

Great. I will as soon as we settle the above :)