[MlMt] BusyContacts and MailMate integration

Blayne Puklich blayne at puklich.com
Tue May 2 10:04:35 EDT 2017

After experimenting a while with another laptop I had, here’s what I
figured out.

Near as I can tell, through the migrations I’ve done from laptop to
laptop and OS to OS over the years, some sort of corruption was
introduced. I didn’t nail down if it was at the OS level or within an
individual user account.

I do know that a fresh install of El Capitan or Sierra, with a brand new
user account that is logged in to iCloud (simply to grab all the
accounts and Contacts and such), a fresh install of MailMate and
BusyContacts all will work together wonderfully. All that is needed is a
switch to MailMate as the default email client, and turning on Spotlight
indexing in the MailMate prefs.

So, the MailMate/BusyContacts integration still works. If anyone is
finding theirs does not, and you’ve done a few Apple migrations from
laptop to laptop, chances are you’ve got some of the same corruption I
had.

What I did was just rebuild this laptop with what I currently need.
It’s good practice anyways to do that occasionally because you’ll
find that half the crap you have is not necessary!

All of the rogue Application choices in the email and web browser client
popups come from old “Applications (Parallels)” folders that are
left on the drive. Removing those and rebuilding the launch services
database makes them go away.

---
Blayne Puklich             Minneapolis, MN       PGP Key ID: 0xC52CA6C1
* mailto:blayne at puklich.com
          I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.