[MlMt] Default columns not honored, asking again....

David Shepherdson david at shepherdson.name
Fri Jun 30 21:29:17 EDT 2017

On 30 Jun 2017, at 03.45, Helen Holzgrafe wrote:

> I gather that there is no way for me to get "use as default columns"
> and "revert to default columns" as keyboard short cuts, either to make
> dealing with this problem a bit easier.

I believe you should be able to set up keyboard shortcuts for these via
the ‘App Shortcuts’ section of the Keyboard pane in System
Preferences.

For myself, I’ve used Keyboard Maestro (though you could do the same
using AppleScript) to set up a keyboard shortcut for ‘switch to inbox
and revert to default columns’, which covers the vast majority of my
cases: so whenever I’m looking at a different mailbox and want to go
back to the inbox, I use this shortcut and the columns are automatically
‘fixed’ as part of that if necessary.

David