[MlMt] Source Folder/Label Disappearing

Tue Jun 13 05:49:49 EDT 2017

On 12 Jun 2017, at 21:59, Chuck wrote:

> is it normal behavior to have a source disappear from your list?  I
> have a gmail label that has vanished, and I’m wondering if this is
> normal.  I do have the tag applied to sync with gmail.

When you use the “Gmail Label” column in the Tags preferences pane
then the corresponding IMAP mailbox (the Gmail label mailbox) is going
to be ignored by MailMate. This is intentional. The purpose is to avoid
duplicate emails.

Instead, you should create a smart mailbox matching the tag. Possibly,
the default “Tagged” mailbox already shows the relevant emails.

(You should only map a Gmail label to a MailMate tag if the label is
really used as a tag, that is, the email already exists in some other
mailbox. You might need to subscribe to “[Gmail]/All Mail” in the
IMAP account editor.)