[MlMt] sender's name or email address ?

Tue Jun 6 09:07:12 EDT 2017

On 22 May 2017, at 16:51, jules wrote:

> Hello, why certain message mentions the email address as sender,
> instead of the name associated to the contact file ?

MailMate does not look in Contacts to get a name when it's missing from
the headers of an email. This is partly because spammers often don't
know the real names belonging to their lists of email addresses. If
MailMate was “smarter” then it would potentially make spam emails
look more legitimate than they really are. (In my experience, most
legitimate emails do include the names of the senders.)