[MlMt] Word wrapping in Markdown introduces line breaks

Tue Jun 6 07:43:19 EDT 2017

Hi,

it's not possible to do this using a filter. Well, a filter could
probably make the generated HTML as desired, but this would not solve
the problem of the plain text part still being hard-wrapped. A separate
filter would be needed to fix that (unwrapping it to allow MailMate to
use `format=flowed` to wrap it).

Eventually (I've been saying this for years though), I'm likely to allow
custom Markdown converters and then I'll have to consider this problem
as well since most of the converters do not behave like the one in
MailMate. I'm thinking I might have hinted at the best solution in my
answer above, that is, a separate filter which can convert plain text
Markdown to non-hard-wrapped Markdown. That might be non-trivial though
since such a converter would have to be aware of the exact Markdown
syntax supported bye the custom converter...