[MlMt] More on deleting a message and subsequent selection

Randall Meadows randy.meadows at not-pc.com
Thu Jul 13 19:09:30 EDT 2017

On 13 Jul 2017, at 16:18, Randall Meadows wrote:

> On 13 Jul 2017, at 15:46, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 13 Jul 2017, at 19:14, Randall Meadows wrote:
>>
>>> I have enabled the `MmSingleMessageWindowClosesAfterMove` flag as
>>> described in the aforementioned thread; is there some other related
>>> flag I also have to set to get my old behavior back?
>>
>> I think you are looking for
>> [this](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences#navigation):
>>
>> 	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmMessagesOutlineMoveStrategy
>> -string "none"
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>
> Seems like it, but that leaves the message window open, even though
> the message it's showing was just deleted.
>
> Additionally:
>
> `% defaults read com.freron.MailMate
> MmSingleMessageWindowClosesAfterMove
> 1
> `

Additionally, that *also* prevents me from deleting multiple messages
sequentially in the main (Three Pane) window, as deleting a message from
there also doesn't leave a selection in its wake.

Maybe I just need to figure out which MM preference file to move from my
old machine to my new machine to get back all the old behavior I was use
to (and liked)...

randy