[MlMt] Marking messages as read on open; Mailing Lists smart folder

Mike Brasch mikebrasch at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 3 09:24:54 EDT 2017

On 1 Jul 2017, at 23:03, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> Re 1. The automatic mailing list recognition is not reliable enough. I
> tried getting it to work but then opted to just create a manual setup:
> a smart mailbox for each mailing list and an encompassing smart
> mailbox that shows all lists together. A bit of work if you have many
> lists but 100% reliability (among my lists, I had to use different
> criteria to identify mails from various lists — because of different
> mailing software and different list setups).

Since I prefer to keep my INBOX free from mailing list mails, I let my
IMAP-Provider sort mailinglists into mailboxes
(Maillinglisten/<listname>) mostly by list-id. In MailMate I use a smart
folder with following settings:

Conditions:
	Source->Path contains Mailinglisten
Submailboxes:
	Source->Path->Noinbox
	Mailbox name format: ${#source.path.noinbox/Mailinglisten\///}

--
regards
Mike