[MlMt] automatize forwarding

Tue Jan 31 08:47:30 EST 2017

On 26 Jan 2017, at 11:15, Alain Israel wrote:

> Is there a way to automatize forwarding an incoming mail to the same
> person (my assistant)? It’s not big deal as I only have to type
> cmd-shift-F and the first letters of her name, but at the end of the
> day it may save me a lot of time.

Click on “Inbox” and then select “Mailbox ▸ Edit Mailbox”.
Switch to the Rules pane and add a rule. You can add conditions if you
like, but the action should be to “Redirect” emails to your
assistant. Redirecting is better if your assistant needs to reply to the
emails.

A better solution might be to use a special tag for redirected emails.
You can make a smart mailbox with the same rule which only matches the
tagged emails. That way you can tag (or maybe just flag if you don't use
that for other purposes) and then it's automatically redirected to your
assistant while you can also easily see the emails you have redirected.

(If you forward/redirect all emails then it would be better if it could
be handled server side -- or your assistant simply had direct access to
your email account such that you could also easily see what has already
been handled.)