[MlMt] Inbox vs All Messages

Robert Brenstein rjb at uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jan 16 10:56:50 EST 2017

Hi Jan,

I think you misread my post. I meant that it seems that Sent, Drafts,
and Archive are included in All Messages and that is the difference to
Inbox. The documentation implies that but does not state it explicitly.

BTW, it is misleading to say that Inbox is for “new” messages.
Better to say “incoming” messages - their age is irrelevant.
Furthermore, they do not have to include only a Mailbox called Inbox.
Inbox is really a type of standard mailbox. For example, one Outlook
account I use has a mailbox called Clutter, which is also of type Inbox
and is shown by MM together with Outlook’s Inbox (which is fine). The
same is true for Trash, Junk, Sent, Archive, Drafts are — the actual
names of those mailboxes can vary from server to server.

Robert