[MlMt] Moving messages to local storage

Kai Großjohann kai.grossjohann at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 18:04:31 EST 2017

On 31 Dec 2016, at 21:30, Dave C wrote:

> If I understand, MM does not provide a means to download messages from
> the IMAP server to local HD for archiving locally. All MM’s features
> are to be used to move messages between IMAP folders.

Yes.  Benny has described in the past a mechanism for creating a dummy
account and to use its cache as a stand-in for a local account.  This
was described as a workaround and I don't think it's officially
supported.

What I do is to run Dovecot on my MacBook and that's where my local mail
goes.  It means that the local mail is on my disk twice (once in Dovecot
and once in MailMate's cache).  That's the price I'm paying for being
too chicken to do the workaround thing.

Kai