[MlMt] smart mailbox flagged

Tue Jan 10 10:33:53 EST 2017

On 6 Jan 2017, at 13:58, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I’d like the smart mailbox “flagged” to show a submailbox for
> each flag. Ideally, I’d like to see simply the flag icon as the
> submailbox name.
>
> I got as far as
>
> sub mailbox for each unique value of: flags
> mailbox name format: ${#flags.flag.#name}

For historic reasons, the name `#flags` is misleading. It's actually all
IMAP keywords which includes both the keywords used for tags and other
other standard or non-standard keywords.

> This shows the correct submailboxes but the shown names include all
> tags and flags not just the mailflags. The odd part is that the list
> of tags in the names does not always include $MailFlagBitX and
> sometimes includes more than one.

You are seeing a mailbox for every IMAP keywords which exists for any
message which also has the `\Flagged` keyword.

> Note that the default name format is suggested as: ${#flags}
> This produces essentially the same submailbox names, just the order of
> listed tags is different.

Yes, you'll see all existing combinations of keywords.

But to answer your question: There is currently no way to do what you
request. Colored flags are a combination of IMAP keywords (this
originates from Apple Mail). The best workaround is probably to manually
create a smart mailbox for each combination of the mail bit flags.
That'll also allow you to control the exact naming of the mailboxes.
(Low-level I think it would also be possible to specify the flag images
for the mailbox icons.)