[MlMt] Export/Import/Sync Mailbox Conditions/Rules, etc.?

Fri Jan 6 06:40:00 EST 2017

On 4 Jan 2017, at 7:50, Robert M. Münch wrote:

> Hi, not that I have a solution for you but I just want to "vote" for
> such an option too. I use a desktop and a laptop and would like to
> have both setup the same way. One idea might be to do a sym-link for
> the MM files / directories which goes to a drop-box folder.

This does **not** work. If MailMate is running on the destination
machine then the changes would simply be ignored, but it wouldn't even
work to symlink. I think MailMate would simply overwrite the changes
(and destroy the symlink), but it might be worse than that since I
haven't tried.

> However, best if MM would allow to specify where prefs are stored and
> handles updates to it dynamically while running.

Yes, that would be best, but it's not a simple change (at least not for
some of the configuration files). Interestingly, an IMAP server could be
used for the sharing avoiding the need for a third party sharing service
(at the cost of some private/secret MailMate-related IMAP mailbox to
store these files).