[MlMt] Export/Import/Sync Mailbox Conditions/Rules, etc.?

Jim McCarty huckncatch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:13:54 EST 2017

On 3 Jan 2017, at 22:50, Robert M. Münch wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2017, at 1:02, Jim McCarty wrote:
>
>> I have a home computer and a work computer where I use MailMate and
>> now that I'm getting more into the awesome customization I can do, I
>> find myself taking work I do on one computer (setting up smart
>> mailboxes, tweaking rules and conditions, etc.) and needing to
>> duplicate that on the other computer so I have a "unified" email
>> experience.
>>
>> Is there a way to move these configurations from one computer to the
>> other? I don't mind doing some manual work like grabbing an xml file,
>> making manual changes to tweak an already established file, or what
>> have you.
>
> Hi, not that I have a solution for you but I just want to "vote" for
> such an option too. I use a desktop and a laptop and would like to
> have both setup the same way. One idea might be to do a sym-link for
> the MM files / directories which goes to a drop-box folder.
>
> However, best if MM would allow to specify where prefs are stored and
> handles updates to it dynamically while running.

I thought about the symlink option but I often leave both copies running
and I'd hate for there to be a collision on read/write and have the
whole thing get borked. Hopefully we can get an official solution.

Until then, I'll continue playing with the plist files. I was able to
move new rules I created for All Messages from one computer to another
-- quit MailMate first, then make the changes. They came over
successfully. I think smaller changes are better, especially if I have
to deal with UUIDs.

Thanks, Jim