[MlMt] Export/Import/Sync Mailbox Conditions/Rules, etc.?

Jim McCarty huckncatch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 01:43:38 EST 2017

Hi all,

Did a little poking around and found the Mailboxes.plist file in the
Application Support folder. Taking a look at the format, it appears I
can take any filter/action sets and transfer them to the other computer
(though I hope I can transfer the data I need outside of any UUID,
keeping those straight would be a nightmare). I'll see if I can set
aside some time to investigate right if I don't hear anything from you
all.

While looking at the [Mailboxes.plist](http://i.imgur.com/7cnz4XJ.png)
file, I noticed the actions for the first rule attached to All Messages
did not have the same parameters the other rules had
([disc.png](http://i.imgur.com/Ul2cLZD.png) and
[paleo.png](http://i.imgur.com/tQKWJxd.png) -- I also verified the same
on my other computer). I *have* noticed some messages that should have
been caught with the first rule showing up in my Inbox, not Archived. I
haven't really tried to figure out that problem, maybe this is a likely
cause? I tried adding/removing other actions and viewing the resulting
changes in the plist and it looks like the moveMessage type in the first
rule loses the mailbox specifier.

Anyway, would love to hear if anyone else has dabbled in this area?

Thanks, Jim