[MlMt] Re-appearing messages

Fri Feb 24 13:44:36 EST 2017

On 24 Feb 2017, at 17:52, David Ledger wrote:

> When I delete a message from K-9 Mail on my Android phone, it
> disappears from the phone, buy MM shows it in the INBOX with a red dot
> where the blue unread dot normally is. No idea what this means, but
> could it be a similar situation and cast light on the re-appearing
> problem?

No, this is a different issue. Various email clients have different
strategies for deleting and/or moving emails. A red dot means that the
message is marked as `\Deleted` (a reserved IMAP keyword). It'll stay
like this until K-9 decides to expunge it (IMAP language for permanently
deleting `\Deleted` messages). Some times this happens as soon as you
select a different mailbox (with K-9). Some times it's a different
strategy. And I have feeling that some times some email clients forget
to do this.

MailMate is careful about only expunging message it deleted itself and
messages are only very briefly marked as `\Deleted` when this is done.