[MlMt] Re-appearing messages

Jim McCarty huckncatch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:47:57 EST 2017

On 24 Feb 2017, at 3:44, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 24 Feb 2017, at 8:16, Jim McCarty wrote:
>
>> On 23 Feb 2017, at 6:36, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>>
>>> I guess it's likely that it is somehow related to the two running
>>> installs of MailMate. Do you have rules moving these emails on both
>>> machines? (This could result in a race-condition.)
>>
>> There are probably some rules that move messages running on both
>> machines, I'll check into that. However, none of the rules move a
>> message out of Deleted Message back to the inbox.
>>
>> Thanks for the ideas... I'll report back after I've had a bit of time
>> to evaluate changes to my rules.
>
> Also make sure that all of your mailboxes are online within the
> account. Look for anything greyed out under SOURCES in the mailbox
> list. It's a possibility that moving a message is never completed,
> because the destination mailbox is not online.

I've checked my mailboxes under sources and they all look good to go.

I just disabled the rules here on my work machine and my home machine is
running MailMate with the rules enabled. Just prior to disabling the
local rules, I had been deleting messages that kept reappearing (all of
them in smart mailboxes that show messages from the rules I have setup:
if condition matches, Move to Archive, Set Tag.

After disabling those rules here, I am still experiencing the
reappearing messages. After deleting them, I can see them in the
[GMAIL]/Trash mailbox but then I wait a short while and check again
after receiving some new messages and they are there again.

Hmm, maybe I need to add a condition that makes the rule not apply to
messages in Trash. I don't see a way to do that in the rule though and
since this rule is sitting on the main Source mailbox (with the moon
icon?), I'm reluctant to put any condition there. Any ideas?

Thanks, Jim