[MlMt] Domain whitelist for remote content, revisited

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Thu Feb 23 13:11:18 EST 2017

On 23 Feb 2017, at 6:31 AM PST, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> But it's still the same number of domains. If I understand correctly,
> you're just not forced to make a decision about every one of them.

Yes, that's right. With Little Snitch, the workflow is:

- I'd like to see some of these images.
- Hm, do I click "Load Once"? I have no idea how many questions Little
Snitch will make me answer.
- OK, let's do it!
- [Answer like a dozen allow/deny questions]
- Damn, I guessed wrong and denied a domain that had an image I needed.
- [Go to Little Snitch preferences and change settings]

With Thunderbird, it went like this:

- I'd like to see some of these images.
- Let's look at the list of domains…
- Oh, these couple domains look like they probably have the images I
like. [click, click]
- No? Let's try this other one. [click]
- OK! Good enough.

> I've always wanted the image-blocking feature to also allow the user
> to see exactly what was blocked. If some kind of popup menu is
> implemented then it wouldn't be far from an implementation similar to
> Thunderbird.

That would be fantastic.

> No promises though.

Of course. Thanks for considering it!