[MlMt] Screen flashing during message composition

Charlie Garrison charlie-lists at garrison.com.au
Thu Feb 16 16:08:32 EST 2017

On 16 Feb 2017, at 22:02, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> In fact, I think it's a MailMate bug somehow related to how MailMate
> updates the window when updating the preview.

It doesn’t happen to me often, and the flickering is brief. But based
on observed behaviour, I had concluded it was a delay in markdown to
html processing. It ‘feels’ like the preview goes blank (black), the
markdown->html processor runs, then displays the results. But it happens
seldom enough that I may not have the right ‘feel’ for it.

> until after I've finished some code which should make the update of
> the preview asynchronous.

I suspect that would resolve the flickering.

cng

--

     Charlie Garrison                   <charlie at garrison.com.au>
     Garrison Computer Services      <http://www.garrison.com.au>