[MlMt] subfolders only if unread ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:58:52 EST 2017

>> For now, the only supported key is `unread` and it's hardcoded into
>> MailMate. This features is in the next update of MailMate.
>
> Just tried it - This is *AMAZING* !
>
> Mange tusind tak Benny!
>
> Can't wait to see how this can be extended in future :)

aaaaand now I tried it a bit more and got some feedback:

first off - it works great and exactly as I hope for when I got single
folders and its awesome.

Where it do get a bit annoying is with automatic smart subfolders which
is related to the initial ask in this thread.

Here is what I had before the feature above:
```
VIP
     VIPUnread
         Person A (17)
         Person B (12
         Person C (2)
```

A VIP with all mails for a set of people, under it VIPUnread that shows
all unread and then automatic subfolders based on unread.

Now with the toggle I go and remove the "VIPUnread" layer I get this:

```
VIP
         Person A (17)
         Person B (12
         Person C (2)
		  Person D
		  Person F
		  Person G
		  Person H
		  Person I
		  Person J
```

And when I press 'x' it does not change that list - thus
I would still like if it was possible to have submailfolders only show
up if they actually have a "Count > 0".

So now i'm caught between two evils - having a long list of
submailfolders or reintroduce the VIPUnread "workaround" but then 'x'
does not work because the folder is already filtered to be only showing
unread.

Hope that makes sense!

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen