[MlMt] Importing mail issue

Thu Feb 16 06:50:10 EST 2017

On 16 Feb 2017, at 2:41, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I wanted to switch to MM as of the new year but I did not manage to
> actually get going until a week later. I just tried to import mails
> sent in the previous mail program, so I have all mails sent out this
> year in MM, but had to delete them all. The mbox file has the correct
> dates for all messages, but the imported messages have the date
> received set to the import date and time, which makes them useless for
> me, although I can see that logically it is when MM received them. Is
> there a way to import messages and have MM place them properly in
> time?

MailMate should only use the current date if it cannot find any date
information in the emails. I suspect something else might have added
headers to the messages. If I remember correctly then Gmail can do this
under certain circumstances (I cannot remember the details). You can
send me one of these emails off list (using “Message ▸ Forward as
Attachment”) and I'll review the headers.