[MlMt] download email

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Tue Feb 14 19:28:27 EST 2017

I am a recent switcher from Eudora, so let me try to answer your
questions.
MailMate keeps full copies of your emails locally at your computer, so
yes, you can always access them offline without having to do anything.
You can compose emails whether you are online or offline. They will be
send when you connect. You can also set a delayed send.
Unlike Eudora, MailMate is an IMAP-only program with no local mailboxes.
This takes a while to get used to but MailMate’s smart mailboxes
compensate nicely for that. They are truly powerful and effectively
replaced my local Eudora mailboxes, also replacing 98% of what I did in
Eudora with filters.
Similarly to Eudora, MailMate is focused on text messages. Unlike
Eudora, MailMate can display HTML-based incoming messages without
switching to browser. Composing rich-text messages is indirect and even
more limited than Eudora. Content concatenation and fast mailbox
searching are also available in MailMate.

Robert