[MlMt] gnupg2 via Homebrew = MISSING_COMMAND

Vincent Danen vdanen at linsec.ca
Sun Feb 12 15:00:14 EST 2017

On 11 Feb 2017, at 17:32, catesandrew at gmail.com wrote:

> That’s probably because homebrew is not in your path. The quickest
> solution would be to link it in `/usr/bin`, add `/usr/local/bin` to
> `/etc/paths` or some other solution. Currently my `/etc/paths` has the
> following:
>
> ```
> /usr/local/bin
> /usr/local/sbin
> /usr/bin
> /bin
> /usr/sbin
> /sbin
> ```
>
> Your `/etc/profile` is called which invokes `/usr/libexec/path_helper`
> which uses `/etc/paths` to add to your `PATH` environment. Then log
> out and back in. Now all your apps would have access to your locally
> installed homebrew apps.

How is setting the path environment for the shell that doesn't invoke
MailMate going to make a difference here?  I'm a bit confused on that
part.  (Not that it really matters, more curious than anything, because
/usr/local/bin is in the /etc/paths file on all the machines.)

Vincent Danen @ https://annvix.com/