[MlMt] Mail Tracking

Pedro Lobo pedro at plobo.net
Fri Feb 10 15:43:22 EST 2017

Great question Robert.

I’ve never really looked into how Postbox is doing it. I suppose they
have a blacklist of URLs (similar to what Benny implemented for tracking
links, even though he just put 1 URL in). MM could also make an educated
guess as to the size of the pixel and if smaller that said size, then
it’s probably used for tracking.

Having said that, I wouldn’t expect MM to bypass the tracking image if
the user has clicked load once. If it’s clearly stated (Postbox has a
different color in the banner) that there may be a tracking pixel and
the user still loads the image, then the fault lies with the user I
guess.

Cheers,
Pedro Lobo