[MlMt] subfolders only if unread ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:55:04 EST 2017

On 10 Feb 2017, at 14:04, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2017, at 0:44, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> I've asked before if it was possible to have a toggle on folders to
>> show/hide unread.
>>
>> I'm still eagerly waiting for that - but I was wondering if that is
>> too hard to now, how
>> about being able to have the submailboxes only show up if there are
>> unread ?
>>
>> Would that be feasible ?
>
> So that would be:
>
> 	TheMailbox
> 		TheMailboxUnread
> 			Submailbox 1
> 			Submailbox 2.
> 			Submailbox ...
>
> In other words, you cannot do it without the intermediate unread
> mailbox.

Yes, this is what I do today for the mailboxes i absolutely need this.
Its tedious ;)

> With regard to toggling. The easiest implementation I could do would
> probably be a key binding to enable/disable the conditions applied to
> a given mailbox. Then you could add a condition to only show unread
> messages and this could be toggled. (This would also be very flexible
> with regard to creating all kinds of “toggling”, especially if
> MailMate simply inverts the enabled-state of all conditions defined
> for the mailbox.)
>
> Would that work for you? I don't think it would take long to implement
> (but I could be wrong).

That would be *Awesome* and even more powerful.

That toggable criteria would be defined globally so not on each mailbox
or ?

btw. if you are working on this kind of flexibility maybe even allow
"named" toggles but if I could just get one toggle one that would
amazing!

oh boy...I could remove a lot of my custom mailboxes if that would
happen though ;)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen