[MlMt] remove attachment

Wed Feb 8 09:33:09 EST 2017

On 6 Feb 2017, at 14:44, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> When I invoke the option “remove attachment” through the
> contextual menu in an incoming message, does it get actually deleted
> from the Application Support folder? If I understand it correctly, MM
> fetches all attachments to the work folder there. If I save an
> attachment, a copy is put in the official attachments folder, but the
> original stays in the work folder. I am regularly getting large
> attachment which are not really meant for me and I’d like to trash
> them, so they do not waste my disk space.

Hmm, I think it might not get deleted from `~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Attachments/` which is an internal cache for MailMate,
but this is a bug (I'll look into this). In general, “Remove
Attachment” deletes the attachment both from its local copy of the
email and in the email on the server (this is done by uploading a copy
of the email without the attachment and then deleting the old email).

Sorry to anyone on the list or in the ticket system waiting for replies.
I've been falling behind the past few weeks (again).