[MlMt] Disable Unicode "icons"?

Mon Aug 28 02:45:03 EDT 2017

On 26 Aug 2017, at 22:28, Joachim Tingvold wrote:

> Maybe a dumb question, but is there a way to disable Unicode "icons"?
> Either via manually blacklisting certain character codes, or some
> other "automagic" way?

No, there's currently no (easy) way to do that.

> I know there is a lot of spammers that abuses this, but these end up
> in the Junk folder, and I rarely care/notice.
>
> However, there seems to be some legit emails that also abuses this
> (hello, eBay: <http://i.imgur.com/SizbxWQ.png>), which kinda "screams"
> in my face when looking at my inbox/whatever folder I'm in.

I guess a filter on the HTML displayed could be used to strip/replace
such symbols, but at least in theory it seems to me it would be better
if you could select a font with black and white emojis. I'm not sure
that's possible though.

(The filtering is going to be possible/easier at some point, but I don't
have a time frame for you.)