[MlMt] HTML to Markdown conversion issue

Kee Hinckley kee at hinckley.com
Wed Aug 23 23:48:32 EDT 2017

If I edit a document, triggering the conversion to Markdown, there are
some things that the HTML to Markdown converter is doing that aren't
supported by the Markdown to HTML converter.

But I can't figure out why, because if I cut and paste what I see, it
works fine.

Here's what I see in the markdown.

```
> Thanks
>
> Basab

```

Now I edit something in the message to trigger the markdown/html
conversion.

Over on the left nothing has changed, but in the rendered HTML, things
are weird.

```
> Thanks
>
> Basab

That's right, the right hand side is showing the *'s and the \<'s and
everything.

But if I take that exact same code and *paste* it into my message, it's
just fine.

---

Thanks

Basab